Merryfield Village appreciates you taking the time to read through & pray over how you might be able to partner with us on any of the needs below.
Merryfield Village is in need of more monthly supporters as we serve and take in more children. Please consider becoming a monthly partner in helping to care for orphaned, vulnerable and special needs children.
Merryfield is modeling itself after a children’s village outside of Durban called LIV. We desire to make a trip to visit them and learn how they are serving orphan and vulnerable children. After meeting with one of LIV’s board members, he mentioned the possibility of a partnership. This trip would also allow Merryfield to explore the potential of partnering with LIV. The cost includes airline tickets, meals, and lodging for two team members. – R18,500/$1,475.
- Computer monitor – R5,400/$425
- Backup storage – NAS Station R3,100/$190
- 2 hard drives R8,900/$340
- Van or similar – Merryfield needs a used vehicle for our team members and for the transporting of children – R169,000/$13,400
- Flat/Apartment (3-4 bedroom) – long-term rentals are so scarce in our area and we need accommodations for our team members where they don’t have to move out over the holiday season. Approximately 90-95% of apartment rentals, the tenants have to move out during December and January (which is our summer here.) This would be a tremendous asset and long-term investment for Merryfield. – R975,000/$77,250 +-
**Please note that the exchange rate between the Rand and the Dollar fluctuate daily. Currently, the Rand is getting stronger against the Dollar.